ForestersResources and key information for foresters
In order to reduce fire risk and improve forest health in California, we need to increase the pace and scale of active forest management. My Sierra Woods seeks to address this need specifically by engaging with private forest landowners.
To achieve our goal of increasing active management on private forest lands, the My Sierra Woods team has developed an array of financial assistance options designed to complement current public cost-share programs (e.g., CFIP or EQIP) and incentivize near-term treatment actions.
These financial assistance options include:
- The Forest Biomass Transportation Incentive (FBTI), which reimburses landowners for a portion of their out-of-pocket expense in conducting needed fuels reduction work.
- The Community Assistance Program (CAP) which is a version of the FBTI that’s applicable for group landowner projects.
- The Reforestation Assistance Program (RAP), which provides funding for site preparation, seedlings, and planting.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- be located in Siskiyou, Modoc, Trinity, Shasta, Lassen, Tehama, Plumas, Butte, Yuba, Sierra, Nevada or Placer counties (or State wide for Reforestation projects),
- demonstrate CEQA compliance, and
- be overseen by a Registered Professional Forester, or other resource professional.
If you have questions about eligibility, please fill out the contact us form at the bottom of this page.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
In order to qualify for FBTI eligibility, projects must be:
- in Shasta, Lassen, Tehama, Plumas, Butte, Yuba, Sierra, Nevada, or Placer counties.
- in designated Tier 1 or Tier 2 High Hazard Zones.
- within a 31-100 mile distance to nearby BioRAM facility.
All projects must demonstrate CEQA compliance and be overseen by a Registered Professional Forester.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for one (or more) the My Sierra Woods financial assistance opportunities, please download and carefully review the instruction and guidance documents:
COMMUNITY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
As of March 1, 2020 the FBTI forms and rate schedule have been updated. If you have any questions or concerns about these modifications, please contact Chantz Joyce directly (firstname.lastname@example.org).